UA-74799809-1

Monday, March 2, 2015

[Expectations vs. Reality]

They never fail to let you down, or surprise you. Why is it that we let ourselves, against your own better judgement, get carried away? And no matter how many times I tell myself "it's okay" or "it's not a big deal", deep down I know that it is. I definitely don't feel "put together" half of the time I'm awake, but that's only part of the fun of figuring out what grown up life is all about, right? That's what I'm telling myself anyways.

This whole college + work + church + trying-to-have-a-social-life-and-not-ignore-my-amazing-friends seems to only feed the bags under my eyes! Okay, maybe it also feeds my sanity (or lack of it?). The truth is staying busy is a blessing in disguise. I don't have time to be "bored" and wander into the land of the idle, get my hands in a sticky situation, and cry about it later. I am happy to be setting up sound and firm foundations for my future self.

10 years ago, I would have told you that by the time I was 21 I would have become a genius doctor, traveled the entire world, and definitely owned at least 99 out of the 101 dalmatians. If only. Looking back now, my desire is to never lose that kind of vision. Obviously with more clarity, but I don't ever want to get to the point in life where I doubt my capability to do things. With God all things are possible. Not just the little things, but all things. The GREAT BIG things. The things you've been dreaming of, but have been too afraid to tell anyone about, lest they think you're some sort of crazy. He can do great things despite our weaknesses, if only we allow ourselves to be of use. How often do we pray "use me Lord" and when the time comes, we cower and doubt ourselves, thinking that we aren't good enough to do that, what will so and so think, or someone else is better at it than me. With that mentality, your reality will never amount to your expectations. What you put in, is what you get out. So put in your best efforts, sincere prayers, and an unadulterated love for whatever you do, and perhaps your reality will surpass your expectations.  

xoxo,
Dulcinea

No comments:

Post a Comment