UA-74799809-1

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Hey, I Graduated!



So lately life has been grand. December 16th, 2016 I officially graduated from East Carolina University with my Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology with a concentration in Bioprocess Manufacturing (that's a mouthful). I think my brain is having a hard time accepting the fact that I don't have to go back to school...like ever.

 So here I am, contemplating schools and ideas for a Master's degree because 'hello, my name is Kimberly and I am an overachiever'. One thing I was not expecting is the bombardment of questions I have been getting from coworkers, friends, and family asking me "What's next?"

 The answer is, I don't know! 

I want to have a few months break to really just focus on myself and enjoy life a little. (Which I do all the time, but it's about to get better when I have THE ENTIRE AFTERNOON to fill with hobbies and fun activities). Honestly, I am just thrilled to be done, and looking forward to what God has in store for me in this next chapter of life! 

[insert all the happy, dancing, and celebratory emojis here]

A big thank you to my parents who have always encouraged me to do my best and supported me every step of the way! A thanks to my sisters who put up with me on my moody/stress induced cranky afternoons and all-nighters. Maybe I'll be a funner sister now. To Gabby one of the loudest cheerleaders and encouragers that always kept tabs on me. And lastly, thank you Jesus for seeing me through and all of the miracles you performed on those last minute papers and exams I didn't study enough for!

One thing that I wanted to encourage any of my fellow college readers is to make sure that Jesus is always first and foremost in your life. I am 100% for education, bettering yourself, learning, etc. but Jesus should always be your first priority. I know it is so easy for college students to use the excuse of school and studying to miss out on church services, but I am telling you, you can do this! I worked full time all through the last 2 years of college, and I never missed a single scheduled church service for a class, homework, studying, exam, paper, anything! It either got done after church, or I paid the price of an all nighter for my scheduling conflicts. I also worked two jobs the semester before I started at ECU and never missed a Tuesday, Saturday, or Sunday service. I definitely missed out on some fun hanging out times, but all of my assignments were taken care of! Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to get at is, just be faithful to the God who has never left your side. End rant.

Jesus is so good!
























xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment